Here is how to deal with their absolutely unstoppable mood swings:
1. Prevent their access to electrical devices
* There will be no Internet access for xxx days
Tween Response: It's OK because I'll just use the Internet in school - I need it for my homework anyway.
2. Remove their television from their bedroom
* TV will be stored away in the loft for xxx days.
Tween Response: I'll just come downstairs and watch TV
Reply: You won't. Go to bed.
Tween Response: No.
3. Ground them
* Tween will not leave the house for recreational purposes for xxx days.
Tween Response: I don't care. I'll be getting the bus to school and back so I'll just walk home from the bus stop slow with my mates. You can't stop me.
Reply: GO AWAY.
4. Pocket Money
* Tween will not receive any pocket money or treats for xxx days.
Tween Response: Yeah SAYS WHO!
Reply: Me. I'm your mother. Don't you dare speak to me like that.
Tween Response: For God's Sake!! *storms off upstairs*
5. Ignore Them
* You will ignore all talks with tween until mood swing has passed.
Tween Response: Mum. MUM. MUm. mUM! mum! MUM! MuM!!!
Reply: *climbs walls*