That's why keeping your home safe over the festive period is very important. I know a lot of people, myself included, tend to stock up on Christmas presents throughout the year. I like to be very organised and ready for the Christmas period, this includes purchasing and wrapping gifts. I also recognise the importance of keeping these gifts safe. According to Chill Insurance, households can spend between £100 and £300 on Christmas gifts, and I'm sure that some people spend more.
Over the years we have been careful with our Christmas presents and try to make sure that our house is secure. As well as being insured for all contents there are some other measures that you can take to endure that your home stays safe this festive period:
* Make sure all doors and windows are locked. This may seem obvious, but windows also need to be secure.
* Leave all valuables out of sight when you are out of the house
* Ensure that you have a working house alarm fitted to ward off potential burglars
* Also make sure you have a smoke alarm fitted and check it weekly
* If you are making a trip away from your home over the festive period, do ask a neighbour to check your home and give them your emergency telephone number
* If you do have valuable gifts to leave in your home while you are away then maybe think of storing them at a friend's house or parents house for extra peace of mind.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. I know that safety can easily slip off the top off the to-do list when it comes to such a busy time like Christmas - but it's really important.
All the best!
*This is a collaborative post. All words and views are our own.